Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Potter's Delight!



Greetings and blessings in this wonderful day!

Thank you for sharing a few moments of your day with me as my friend who designed her own potting shed did.

I've just come from a casual dinner around the Barbee and the first burgers of summer.  The Stella D'oro lilies are blooming, the snowflake variety of some Hydrangeas are just coming on and I went back to the garden of the woman who designed her own potting shed which you see above.

If I am fortunate to get the electronics to work, I will show you her hedge of Fennel.  Mostly, I wanted to remark on moments in time when nothing seems bad; not the job, not this or that, but that you have the joy and rejoicing of friends around you and the commonality of life that, though it has some bumps, nobody we know right now is sick, nobody is homeless, nobody has died.

We, as humans, love the condition of peacefulness and seek to cultivate it as we do our gardens, if we are wise gardeners in the garden of life.

May it be so, that we sow with gratitude, rain with forgiveness; especially when the crop of people before us do not deserve it, because at times in our life, neither did we.  Sow generously, expect a great harvest in the right season and right now, is the season for sowing and cultivating.  Work hard at the things that do not require hard physical labor; trust love, empathy, compassion, to name a few.

Over the weekend, I did gardening for hire, lifted a few fingernails in the process.  Not sure how that happens, but I keep digging in the dirt anyway. 

Are there not things in life that we want to see come to pass?  Do we not want to store up for the times that are lean?  Make hay while the sun shines.
Making hay is what is going on  around here in Central Kentucky right now.  I tried to get the motorcycle primed and off and running on Sunday to no avail.  Terribly frustrating, as I wanted to bring you the fields, roll baled like giant shredded wheat.  I can do that by car and it is a wonderful sight.

Until next time, take stock in your seed stock.  What sow you?  The seeds of discontent or of love, joy, peace and the rest that you will find in Galatians 5:22?

Plant a crop of Hope, you have nothing to lose but the hope of the abundance of something magnificent!



Fennel Patch
What would you do with it?  How many sauces
could you make?