Thursday, September 15, 2011

Blooms in Alabama!

 

Well, Ah declare, Beauregard, Ah Never would have thought...

As mentioned, I travel for my work, and I had the most extraordinary day!  I went to Chattanooga, TN, yesterday and today found me going through a corner of Georgia, then across Alabama, ending in MS.  I stopped at the Space Center in Huntington, which was a first for me.  It is a "must see", a national treasure!  It has so many things to look at.  This time of year, not full of school children, just enough to make you smile.
  On down the road I picked cotton right out of a field, crossed down into Corinth, MS.  I am staying in a refurbished home built in 1872 which was a wedding present to a southern belle for her from her father, now named "The Generals' Quarters".
  Well now!  I happened to be seated for dinner and spotted both Generals Lee and that other one, oh! Grant! They were here for a reenactment.  Corinth was actually a significant battle ground that changed hands a few times; no wonder, no one can figure out the street grid that seems to criss-cross-apple-sauce all over the place.
  I had to mention that they should not list "Kentucky bourbon cheesecake" for dessert on the menu if they are going to spike it with Jack Daniel's Tennessee sour mash whiskey; it is *not* the same.  Ah declare! What eva were they thinking of?
 Here are some lovely photographs of my travels.  Thank you for joining me, talk to you in a few days!
 (These are cell phone photos; not the greatest, but ok in a pinch).